This do-it-yourself kit has materials and detailed instructions (with photos) to create a single fun, bouncy, and colorful Pom Flower.
The stem can be made up to 14 inches in length. The finished flower will stand upright and the wire in the stem and head of the flower make it flexible and bendable for optimal display.
Suggested Age Range: 12+ Years
Skill Level: Intermediate – (complex and detailed instructions, coordination and hand strength needed, working with sharp points and tools)
An instructional video can be found on my You-Tube channel @fireoftheheartgallery. The video has details to help you at each step of the flower making process.
Included in This Kit:
- Ribbon Yarn
- Large Wool Felted Ball
- A Flower Wire Kit
- Masking Tape
- Green Yarn (for finishing the stem).
Not Included - What you will need:
- A Dot of Glue (for the yarn at the end of the stem).
- Scissors (to cut the yarn).
- Ruler (to measure 2.5 inches of wire for finishing the head of the flower).
- Pliers/ Wire Cutters (will make bending the wire much easier).
- Tapestry needle or implement with a sharp point such as a toothpick or pencil for poking the yarn through the very bottom of the stem to finish it off.
Warning: This kit has sharp pokey points on the ends of the dark green wires. Please be careful when handling the wire especially poking it through the wool ball and working on the stem.
Please note: Colors may vary from the photos. I've tried to match the colors of the yarn with the photos I took, and in some cases there are slight tonal variations in the translation.
This kit was created on Whidbey Island by Becca Heavrin Studios for Fire of the Heart Gallery in Greenbank, WA.